Hot tubs are the perfect oasis for relaxation and unwinding after a long day. However, nothing can ruin the experience faster than a foul odor emanating from your beloved soak. To ensure that your hot tub remains a delightful place to relax, it’s essential to keep it smelling fresh and inviting. In this article, we will explore ten effective ways to make your hot tub smell heavenly.
Aromatherapy Associates Luxury Bath Oil
Aromatherapy Associates handcrafts its essential oil blends in London using the highest concentrations of natural ingredients for an exceptional sensorial experience. Ease tension and feel renewed with a powerful blend of essential oils. It fills your bath or shower with a refreshing aroma while the oil hydrates and softens skin.
STAR SPLASH SPA AROMATHERAPY SACHETS
A steamy soak combined with aromatherapy takes relaxation to the next level. Unwind with your Star Splash hot tub scents, featuring 24 packets of pure heaven.
Upgrade your bathtub or spa with 6 luxurious aromas: Relaxing Lavender, Eucalyptus Mint, Coconut Yuzu, Sugarcane Vanilla, Green Tea Matcha, and Orange Blossom Neroli
LOVERY EPSOM BATH SALTS – 6 TUBS
FOR A PROFESSIONAL SPA EXPERIENCE – Indulge in a fancy bath as Lovery Bath Salt Jars bring the spa straight to the comfort of your home. Treat yourself to a well-deserved me time. Just add the salt to your hot tub filled with warm water and enjoy a relaxing soak. You can also use the Epsom Bath Salts as Shower Scrub to exfoliate the skin, hydrate, and purify. Our Variety Pack of 6 Bath Salts are Vegan-Friendly, and Environmentally Friendly.
Each Epsom Bath Salt Jar is all natural and organic. They are infused with Essential Oils, Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Fresh Herbs and Lavender Extract – the powerhouse combination of skin vitamins. It is also enriched with essential oils and fresh herbs. Our Bath Soaks are Paraben and Cruelty Free.
Tropic Like its Hot
Sweet Hawaiian – This spa set for women is infused with sweet pineapple scents to rejuvenate and relax, rich in anti-oxidants and repair the skin’s natural barriers, promoting smooth, nourished skin.
- BATH SALTS GIFT SET-The luxurious epsom bath salt set includes 3x sea salts with lavender, vanilla, coconut, these three invitingly beautiful scents are ideal for aromatherapy soaks in the tub.Our bath salts for women relaxing contains exfoliate dead skin cells, leaving skin smooth and soft.
- HIGH QUALITY EPSOM SALT-Formulated with pure epsom salt and natural essential oils.epsom salt bath soften and moisturize your skin. Add a few spoons of epsom salts for soaking into bathtub or foot bath by using the cute bath salt wooden spoon included, it dissolves quickly in warm water leaving no residue.
Japanese Bath Salts – 4 scents
- Great For: Fatigue Recovery Cold, Stiff Shoulder, Fade, Sturn, Rough, Acne, Back Pain, Nerve Pain, Hemorrhoids, Rheumatism, Throw, Crack, Rash,
- Carbon dioxide enhances the effect of hot bathing, promotes blood circulation, is effective for poor circulation, stiff shoulders and back pain, and relieves fatigue of the day
- Tochigi “Kinugawa”: Elegant and mellow wisteria scent
- Kanagawa “Yugawara”: The scent of sasanqua flowers with a gentle sweetness
- Nagano “Nozawa”: A refreshing iris scent
- Shizuoka “”Izu Shimoda””: Sweet and sour and fresh tangerine scent
- Includes 12 packs (4 types x 3pacs)
Village Naturals Therapy Mineral Bath Soak
- THERAPEUTIC BATHING EXPERIENCE: Pain caused from stressed, overworked, or tense muscles can be relentless. Our Tension Relief Concentrated Bath Soak contains a powerful blend of Essential Oils and Extracts that will help relax your mind and soothe your strained muscles. Experience the joy of a relaxing bath with a refreshing Sweet Citrus fragrance.
- POWERFUL INGREDIENTS: The Aches & Pains Tension Relief Soak is formulated with key ingredients to help ease muscle tension caused by stress and body strain. Let the revitalizing qualities of Juniper, Orange and Menthol relax your tense, overworked muscles. The combination of Sea Salt and Epsom Salt helps to draw out impurities and ease aches and pains.
INSPARATION – 50 PILLOW PACKS
- Enjoy an assortment of up to 50 Unique Sample Pillow Packets
- Twist off tip and squeeze into the Hot Tub
- Will not change water chemistry and contains no oils.
- Will not foam, cloud or leave oily residue
- Aromatherapy Pillow Packets all include skin moisturizing emollients
Healov Aromatherapy Epsom Salts
- SOOTHING SORE MUSCLE RELIEF: Made from pure epsom salt, our aromatherapy bath salts help soothe sore muscles, aches & pains. Soaking in a salt bath is a great way to speed up recovery from injuries, pulls, strains or sprains.
- INFUSED WITH RAW SHEA BUTTER: Bathing with our essential oil bath salts also helps the skin heal. Enhanced with shea butter, these skin detox bath salts replenish hydration to leave skin silky smooth, soft & supple to the touch.
10 More Tips to Make Your Hot Tub Smell Good
To ensure that your hot tub remains a delightful place to relax, it’s essential to keep it smelling fresh and inviting. In this article, we will explore ten effective ways to make your hot tub smell heavenly.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Causes of Odor
- Regular Water Testing and Maintenance
- Use High-Quality Sanitizers
- Natural Aromatherapy
- Shower Before You Soak
- Maintain Proper Water Chemistry
- Clean Your Hot Tub Filters
- Cover It When Not in Use
- Drain and Refill Periodically
- Professional Maintenance
Understanding the Causes of Odor
Before we delve into the solutions, let’s understand why hot tubs can develop unpleasant odors. The primary culprits are bacteria, algae, and other contaminants that thrive in warm water. These nuisances can lead to the dreaded “hot tub smell.”
Regular Water Testing and Maintenance
The key to a fragrant hot tub is regular maintenance. Test the water chemistry at least once a week using a reliable test kit. Ensure the pH and chlorine levels are within the recommended range. Maintaining proper balance prevents the growth of odor-causing agents.
What’s the problem?
Hot tub water testing is crucial for maintaining a safe and enjoyable experience. It ensures proper chemical balance, preventing skin and eye irritation. Regular testing also prevents the growth of harmful bacteria, extends the lifespan of the hot tub, and saves money on maintenance by addressing issues early.
Use High-Quality Sanitizers
Invest in high-quality sanitizers designed for hot tubs. Chlorine and bromine are popular choices, and they help keep the water clean and odor-free. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the correct dosage.
Enhance your hot tub experience with natural aromatherapy. Add a few drops of essential oils like lavender, eucalyptus, or chamomile to the water. These oils not only infuse a pleasant scent but also promote relaxation.
Shower Before You Soak
Encourage your hot tub guests to take a quick shower before entering. This simple step can significantly reduce the introduction of oils, lotions, and sweat into the water, all of which can contribute to odors.
Maintain Proper Water Chemistry
Maintaining the correct water chemistry is crucial. Ensure the alkalinity and calcium hardness levels are in the recommended range. Imbalanced water chemistry can lead to scale buildup and unpleasant odors.
Clean Your Hot Tub Filters
Dirty filters can harbor contaminants and cause odors. Regularly clean and rinse your hot tub filters. Consider replacing them annually for optimal performance.
Cover It When Not in Use
Keep your hot tub covered when it’s not in use. A cover prevents debris, leaves, and other foreign particles from entering the water, reducing the chances of odors developing.
Drain and Refill Periodically
To maintain water freshness, drain and refill your hot tub every three to four months. This helps remove accumulated minerals and contaminants that can cause odors.
Consider scheduling professional hot tub maintenance regularly. A professional technician can perform a thorough inspection, clean the system, and ensure everything is in working order, including the prevention of odors.
In conclusion, enjoying a hot tub should be a sensory delight, not a nose-pinching experience. By following these ten ways to keep your hot tub smelling fresh, you can ensure that your soak is always a pleasurable and refreshing experience.
1. How often should I test my hot tub water chemistry?
You should test your hot tub water chemistry at least once a week to ensure it remains balanced and free from odors.
2. Can I use regular pool chemicals in my hot tub?
It’s recommended to use chemicals specifically designed for hot tubs, as they are formulated to work effectively in warm water.
3. Are there any natural alternatives to chemical sanitizers?
Yes, you can use natural alternatives like mineral purifiers or ozone systems to sanitize your hot tub water.
4. Why is showering before using the hot tub important?
Showering before using the hot tub helps remove oils, lotions, and sweat from your skin, preventing them from entering the water and causing odors.
5. How can I choose the right essential oils for aromatherapy in my hot tub?
Choose essential oils that you find pleasing and calming. Popular choices include lavender, eucalyptus, and chamomile for a soothing experience.